American Councils Azerbaijan office is successfully holding Competitive College Club
American Councils Azerbaijan office is successfully holding Competitive College Club which is an intensive group advising program that assists high schooláand undergraduate students who want to be strong applicants for colleges and universities in the United States.
There were admitted 20 students, whoá selected based on a good English language skills, activity andá the desire to study in the United States.
Goals of CCC
- Provide selected participants with information and guidance for college and university readiness;
- Encourage talented and enthusiastic Azerbaijani youth to explore educational options;
- Develop participantsĺ writing skills so they are able to express themselves in a clear and organized manner;
- Improve participantsĺ test taking skills for standardized tests to make them more competitive to U.S. colleges, universities and financial aid organizations.
Benefits for students from participating in CCC:
- Development of researching skills;
- Critical thinking and effective communications skills;
- Exposure to the U.S. academic environment and style;
- Test preparation for TOEFL test;
- Certificate of completion signed by the U.S. Embassy for participants who successfully complete the program.
College Club began in June 2015 and include two mandatory weekly sessions. They regularly attend at sessionsásuch as TOEFL lessons, additional skill trainings, Book Club and EducationUSA sessions.
We planned to hold CCC until January 2016.